1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Recommendations on science magazines/journals

1. Mar 3, 2010 #1
    I am looking to subscribe to a physics journal/magazine which doesn't cost me 6000 a year, and that will keep me informed with cutting edge news on general physics and latest research papers being published, as well as having a good deal of proof in there. I am taking my last school year and probably heading towards an energetic engineering physics course next year.

Scientific american/new scientist... type magazines I just feel have to much bluf and to little evidence in them, they simply state things, most of the time simply out of nowhere and some times there are just utterly disturbing articles, which simply aim to be some kind of bogey man of science. I was told that there was a special online discount subscription to "physics letters" journal with a special discount for students that came out at about 60 pounds a year, I'm Spanish, so costs will have to be thought of as international ¿Anyone know anything about that? I've been looking but can't seem to find it.

Thanks in advance,
    Alex.

NB: mods, a didn't know were to put this, so if you feel it isn't in the right place,feel free to move it.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 3, 2010 #2

marcusl

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Go to your local university library and look at Physics Today. It covers news and current topics throughout physics disciplines. It is general interest but technical. It comes free with a subscription to the American Physical Society, which is somewhat more than $100, and maybe is available without the membership for less. In any case, <<$6000.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook