Recycling Heavy Shielded Phone Wire: What Metals Can Be Recovered?

  • Thread starter Thread starter PupuWire
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 589 views
PupuWire
Messages
4
Reaction score
2
Hello Physics Forums! I just discovered your existence while looking for info on copper. I clicked on a discussion titled "What types of metals are typically in wires?" and now I'm wildly curious. My later-in-life degree is in Environmental Policy & Planning, so I have come to realize how little I know. I'll post my question about recycling roughly 30 pounds of heavy shielded phone wire (from my backyard - long story) as soon as I figure out which forum to post it in. . . Thank you! Signed PupuWire
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Greg Bernhardt and ProfuselyQuarky
Physics news on Phys.org
Hi PupuWire! Just go to to the forum that fits you question and a "create thread" button is on the top.

You won't regret joining :smile: