Remembering Iconic Actor Adam West: A True Superhero

• News
  • Thread starter Choppy
  • Start date
In summary, Adam West, known for his iconic portrayal of Batman, has passed away at the age of 88. He will always be remembered as the original Batman and his influence on future portrayals of the superhero. He will also be remembered for his humor, as seen in his role on Family Guy. While he may not have been everyone's favorite Batman, his contributions to popular culture will be greatly missed.
Choppy
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
Died Peacefully at 88

Sad to hear this. Adam west is the person I think of as Batman. It seems now that every superhero has to have some kind of an edge, that one can't have a superhero without being an anti-hero of some sort. But the only reason that works is because of the iconic pillars built by actors like this and those who brought over-exemplified self-sacrifice and noble ideals into popular culture in the first place.

Likes Beelzebub, denilvia, DrClaude and 2 others
Physics news on Phys.org
He will always be the only Batman for me. All of the others that have played Batman have picked up something from the way he portrayed Batman.

Likes Astronuc and phinds
Evo said:
He will always be the only Batman for me. All of the others that have played Batman have picked up something from the way he portrayed Batman.
Plus he was hilarious in Family Guy.

Admittedly Adam West was not my favourite Batman (that honour goes to Christian Bale in Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy of films), but I nonetheless enjoyed West in the Batman TV show in syndication during my childhood, particularly the campy and lighthearted nature of the show.

He will be missed.

He will be missed.

phinds said:
Plus he was hilarious in Family Guy.

upload_2017-6-21_7-54-40.jpeg

That's a sad news. :frown: I love his batman movie, he were really funny.

Last edited by a moderator:
"When I was batman, I find need to say" I'm batman". People knew who I was."

1. Who was Adam West and why is he considered an iconic actor?

Adam West was an American actor, best known for his portrayal of the iconic superhero Batman in the 1960s television series. He is considered an iconic actor because of his memorable performance as the Caped Crusader and his unique and campy interpretation of the character.

2. When did Adam West pass away and what was the cause of his death?

Adam West passed away on June 9, 2017 at the age of 88. The cause of his death was leukemia.

3. What other roles did Adam West play besides Batman?

Aside from his iconic role as Batman, Adam West also had roles in various films and TV shows such as "The Outlaws is Coming," "The New Adventures of Batman," and "Family Guy," where he voiced the character of Mayor Adam West.

4. What impact did Adam West have on the superhero genre?

Adam West's portrayal of Batman in the 1960s series had a significant impact on the superhero genre. His playful and campy approach to the character helped to popularize the superhero genre and paved the way for future adaptations of comic book characters on television and in film.

5. How is Adam West remembered today?

Adam West is remembered as a beloved and iconic actor, especially among fans of the Batman franchise. He is also remembered for his wit, charm, and dedication to his craft. In addition, his legacy lives on through his many contributions to the entertainment industry and his enduring impact on the superhero genre.