Remote research positions after the Corona crisis?

In summary: I'll keep that in mind. In summary, if you are skilled in data science, machine learning, deep learning and computer vision, and want to work on research projects, you should try to contact a person who is directly involved in the research you would like to work on and ask them about internships.
simba
Do research institutes provide remote internships/ research positions which requires programming ? If yes where is the right forum to find them? I am skilled in data science, machine learning, deep learning and computer vision. I googled but unable to find any right resource.

Physics news on Phys.org
Try to contact a person that is directly involved in the research you would like to work on and ask them about internships. If you have to go through HR or some front portal like that (because you do not know people working in your group of choice), use specific keywords in your request so they can forward the request to the right person. Don't ask if they need it, just attach your cv and anything they might need to the mail.

I do not have internships advertised somewhere, but if a student mails me (because the university forwards students to me or my direct colleagues), and his/her cv looks good and the student wants to work on a topic that I'm interested in, I am always willing to create an internship position. At the moment I have 3 MSc. students working from home. Not ideal, but 2 are pure computer simulation projects and the other student was already (mostly) finished with her lab work.

I'm not in the US, so it will probably be difficult to offer you an internship, sorry :-)

Likes simba
bigfooted said:
Try to contact a person that is directly involved in the research you would like to work on and ask them about internships. If you have to go through HR or some front portal like that (because you do not know people working in your group of choice), use specific keywords in your request so they can forward the request to the right person. Don't ask if they need it, just attach your cv and anything they might need to the mail.

I do not have internships advertised somewhere, but if a student mails me (because the university forwards students to me or my direct colleagues), and his/her cv looks good and the student wants to work on a topic that I'm interested in, I am always willing to create an internship position. At the moment I have 3 MSc. students working from home. Not ideal, but 2 are pure computer simulation projects and the other student was already (mostly) finished with her lab work.

I'm not in the US, so it will probably be difficult to offer you an internship, sorry :-)
Thanks for the guidance...

1. What is a remote research position?

A remote research position is a job in which a person conducts research and performs related tasks from a location outside of a traditional office setting. This can include working from home, a co-working space, or any other remote location.

2. How has the Corona crisis affected remote research positions?

The Corona crisis has greatly increased the demand for remote research positions as many companies and organizations have shifted to remote work in order to comply with social distancing measures. This has also opened up opportunities for individuals to work remotely for companies and organizations that may have previously required on-site work.

3. What types of remote research positions are available?

There are a variety of remote research positions available, including roles in data analysis, market research, scientific research, and social science research. These positions can be found in a range of industries, such as healthcare, technology, and education.

4. What skills are needed for a remote research position?

The specific skills needed for a remote research position will vary depending on the industry and type of research being conducted. However, some common skills that are important for remote research positions include strong communication and organizational skills, attention to detail, critical thinking, and the ability to work independently.

5. How can I find a remote research position after the Corona crisis?

There are a few ways to find remote research positions after the Corona crisis. One option is to search for job postings on online job boards and company websites. Another option is to network with professionals in your field and inquire about remote opportunities. You can also consider reaching out directly to companies or organizations that you are interested in working for to inquire about remote research positions.