Returning to physics after grad school, now studying quantum foundations

  • Thread starter Thread starter Minnesota Joe
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 589 views
Minnesota Joe
Gold Member
Messages
130
Reaction score
52
Greetings everyone,

I worked in physics until I finished grad school, after which I decided to do other things. Now I'm rekindling my love for it again, in part thanks to podcasts like "Physics Frontiers" and Sean Carroll's "Mindscape" . Right now I'm reading "What's Real?" by Adam Becker, supplemented by some texts in quantum mechanics as a refresher (David Albert's book, Shankar, Aharonov, and several others). I'm interested in the foundations of quantum mechanics, something that wasn't exactly encouraged when I was a student. It's irritating how much I've forgotten, but you have to start (again) somewhere.

Cheers,

Joe
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the forum. Yeah, it's sad the way our knowledge slips away over time when not used by but it's inevitable.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Minnesota Joe