Bringing back classic cartoons like Road Runner and Daffy Duck instead of modern shows

  • Thread starter Thread starter wolram
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
18 replies · 4K views
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
Messages
4,411
Reaction score
552
Or any of the greats, road runner, daffy duck, throw out the south park et al
trash and give us real cartoons, i may even buy a tv if they do.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
The new Tom and Jerry's were horrible compared to the older ones. I especially liked the side cartoons like "car of tomorrow" or "house of tomorrow." They always had a bunch of mother-in-law jokes.
 
I loved Tom and Jerry and all of the old cartoons! The new ones suck
 
Echo 6 Sierra said:
Touche' Pussycat!
:confused:
I remember (vaguely) Touche' Turtle, but that's unfamiliar to me.
 
I like the Simpsons and Family Guy.

The old cartoons still play, but they aren't funny to me anymore. It's all for kids.
 
the old ones were the best

simpsons is good also
 
I still like the old ones. There are no new ones that are supposed to make you laugh, most of them are of action genre, and if they do make an attempt to make one laugh they fail miserably.
Are animators listening?
 
I meant new versions of the old cartoons, the simpsons is ok ish.
 
Who remembers road runner and the totally impossible physics ? :biggrin:
 
There were lots of adult jokes loaded into the older Warner Brothers cartoons. In one (after Sylvester got the crap beat out of him and has a broken leg) Tweety dumps laxative and wood alcohol into Sylvester's pain medicine, then the bulldog whacks Sylvester to make him howl in pain and Granny grabs the bottle and dumps a dose of it into him. Then Tweety turns to the viewer and says in a conspiratorical tone "Pretty soon, he won't know what to do" or something of that sort, hearkening back to the old phrase 'He didn't know whether to **** or go blind."
 
Danger said:
:confused:
I remember (vaguely) Touche' Turtle, but that's unfamiliar to me.
It's one where they were "musketeers" and Jerry has a wee one in training and just about when Tom had the best of Jerry the wee one would stick Tom in the fanny and announce proudly, "touche' pussycat!"
 
Echo 6 Sierra said:
It's one where they were "musketeers" and Jerry has a wee one in training and just about when Tom had the best of Jerry the wee one would stick Tom in the fanny and announce proudly, "touche' pussycat!"

I remember it well :smile:
 
wolram said:
Who remembers road runner and the totally impossible physics ? :biggrin:

I had to learn the hard way as a kid. :frown:
 
JasonRox said:
I had to learn the hard way as a kid. :frown:

Were you jerry- fied?
 
Fave quote:

"What for you bury me in the cold, cold ground?"

Let things run their course. Reviving old characters never works. Usually causes a retroactive stink. If you got something new, say it new. And yes, South Park and Simpsons have both run their courses, please let them die soon.
 
Chi Meson said:
Fave quote:

"What for you bury me in the cold, cold ground?"

Let things run their course. Reviving old characters never works. Usually causes a retroactive stink. If you got something new, say it new. And yes, South Park and Simpsons have both run their courses, please let them die soon.

you can not let tom and jerry and all the other greats die there is nothing close to replace them.