- 10,876
- 423
They don't "have electricity". They have devices that can temporarily reverse the effect of the technology that's causing the blackout.Evo said:So, why do some people have electricity?
This sort of thing doesn't bother me much.pantaz said:I was disappointed the moment they showed the airliner going down in a flat-spin. Basic aerodynamics failed, too?
He didn't say anything about chemistry. He just said that batteries don't work. Maybe it's just the metal parts that no longer conduct the current.pantaz said:The teacher, in his mini-rant to his students stated that even batteries don't work. So it's not just electrical devices, but specific chemical reactions?
Totally.Ryan_m_b said:Tap-dancing past the fact that "nanites" are the modern day folk-law equivalent of spells, demons and djinn it seems a stretch that would be so restricted to draining power from human technology only and still be so successful.
This is something I don't even understand. My knowledge of chemistry is unfortunately negligible. But I'll take your word for it.Ryan_m_b said:As for changing the properties of metals that sounds like something that would instantly kill most life. Hard to get your metalloproteins to work when their cofactor's properties have significantly changed.
I bet that whatever the explanation is, by the time we learn it, we will already have seen at least one episode that contradicts it.Ryan_m_b said:My bet is that the answer to this show (if it could be called one) is going to be:
WILLING SUSPENSION OF DISBELIEF