RIP Jack Bruce: Legendary Bassist Passes Away at 71

• News
  • Thread starter Astronuc
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Rip
In summary, Jack Bruce, the singer and bassist for the band Cream, has passed away at the age of 71. His family confirmed the news on his Facebook page. Cream, known for hits like "White Room" and "Crossroads," consisted of Bruce, Eric Clapton, and Ginger Baker. Many credit the band, along with other British rock groups, for the resurgence of old-time blues musicians like Muddy Waters and BB King. While Clapton may have been the most well-known member, many believe that Bruce was the most important. His talent as a musician will be greatly missed.
Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
2023 Award
Jack Bruce, the singer and bassist for the legendary band Cream, has passed away, his family confirmed the musician's passing on his Facebook page. He was 71.

https://music.yahoo.com/news/cream-bassist-jack-bruce-dead-71-153400112-rolling-stone.html

Cream, White Room, Live at Royal Albert Hall 2005

Physics news on Phys.org
BTW, it was through the efforts of Clapton, Keith Richards, John Mayall and others of the British rock groups that led to the resurgence of old-time blues guys like Muddy Waters, Howlin' Wolf, BB King, Mississippi John Hurt and a host of others.

Likes kosovo dave
Mark44 said:
BTW, it was through the efforts of Clapton, Keith Richards, John Mayall and others of the British rock groups that led to the resurgence of old-time blues guys like Muddy Waters, Howlin' Wolf, BB King, Mississippi John Hurt and a host of others.
and the Yardbirds, for which Clapton played briefly, as did Jeff Beck and Jimmy Page.

in my opinion, Jack was the most important member of cream. RIP </3

Bruce was incredible musician. I tried for years to play bass and sing, with poor results. Whenever I played guitar and sang, things just fell together. Bass and vocals never worked for me.

What bands was Jack Bruce a part of?

Jack Bruce was a part of several bands throughout his career, including Cream, The Graham Bond Organisation, and West, Bruce & Laing.

What was Jack Bruce's most famous song?

Jack Bruce's most famous song is considered to be "Sunshine of Your Love", which was a hit single for the band Cream in 1967.

How did Jack Bruce pass away?

Jack Bruce passed away on October 25, 2014 at the age of 71 due to liver disease.

What is Jack Bruce's legacy in the music industry?

Jack Bruce is remembered as a legendary bassist who helped shape the sound of rock music in the 1960s and 1970s. He was also a prolific songwriter and a highly influential musician.

What awards did Jack Bruce receive during his career?

Jack Bruce received multiple awards during his career, including a Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award in 2006 and a Classic Rock Roll of Honour Award in 2012. He was also inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as a member of Cream in 1993.