RIP Mario Cuomo, former Gov. of NY State

  • Topic: News 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Astronuc
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Rip State
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 1K views
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
2025 Award
Messages
22,713
Reaction score
7,804
Mario Cuomo died of heart failure at his home surrounded by family members.
http://news.yahoo.com/mario-cuomo--...or--dies-at-age-of-82--reports-010630131.html

Cuomo, whose son Andrew was sworn into the same office for his second term Thursday, served three terms in office, from 1983 to 1994. The elder Cuomo retired from politics after being defeated by George Pataki in a bid for a fourth term.

Cuomo died from heart failure at his Manhattan home with his family by his side, according to a statement http://news.yahoo.com/ex-ny-gov-mario-cuomo-famed-oratory-dies-021513297.html .

At his second inauguration Thursday, Gov. Andrew Cuomo hinted at his father's poor health.

"We're missing one family member. My father is not with us today. ... He is at home and he is not well enough to come. We spent last night with him ... We stayed at my father's house to ring in the New Year with him," Andrew Cuomo said during his address.
My condolences to his family, friends and colleagues.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Greg Bernhardt said:
I don't now him very well. Was he liked?
Probably by some or many. I think he was respected by many opponents. I think he was generally liked in NY.

I didn't particularly care for his closing of the Shoreham NPP.