Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Robotics/Electronics workshops carried out in England / UK?

1. Apr 1, 2017 #1
    Hi,

For secondary school age group, are there any Robotics/Electronics workshops or project works carried out in England, UK? Not mere training/coaching, but, more challenging product building sort of things, where kids get a chance to cultivate/demonstrate leadership or research bent of work.

thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 1, 2017 #2
    FIRST robotics is an American based competition, but I know that they have a lot of international teams including some in the UK. I highly recommend either joining one or looking at starting one at your school; I did FIRST in highschool and it was an incredibly rewarding experience. There is a lot of teamwork and engineering that goes into it, and if you do well enough to go to the national competition it's just amazingly fun.

Here is the website; https://www.firstinspires.org/team-...rt=name&programs=FRC&year=2016&country=United Kingdom

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted