Rock musicians with genuinely great lyrics like Bob Dylan

  • Thread starter Thread starter Loren Booda
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Rock Roll
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
34 replies · 6K views
Danger said:
Lisa, I hardly ever know the lyrics to songs, due to a hearing problem, but I have an idea about the "diamonds in the soles of her shoes" line from Simon.
I don't know the song or the album, but when I read the post I guessed it was a hint at how uber wealthy "she" is.

Poor people have no diamonds.

Rich people display their diamonds where everyone can see the (arms, neck, etc.) and they treat them with care.

You have to be mind numbingly rich to buy shoes that have diamonds in the soles, where no one sees them, and they get treated like trash.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Danger said:
The opening line is "Starry starry night", but the actual title is "Vincent". It's a tribute to van Gogh.

Yes, habit.
 
A one-hit-wonder to me! But that's probably saying more about me than Mr Cohn.
 
His first two CDs are loaded with keepers. Walking in Memphis got lots of airplay as did Silver Thunderbird. Commercial radio never got much deeper than those two cuts, so many people are not familiar with his best work.