Roy Scheider, Heroic Star of Jaws, Dies at 75

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
6 replies · 2K views
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Messages
8,252
Reaction score
2,666
LOS ANGELES (AFP) — Roy Scheider, best known for his role as the heroic police chief in classic 1975 movie "Jaws," died on Sunday aged 75, hospital officials confirmed. [continued]
http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5iSzZFa5cFSU66ruuJCXNSmkwL4TA
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
The French Connection was one of the first "grown-up" films I saw. He was great in that movie, and of course Jaws! RIP Mr Scheider.
 
I always liked Scheider. He has kind eyes.

The first R-rated film I ever saw in the theater was Blue Thunder. I remember sitting in my seat next to my mom and her friend. I was eating popcorn and drinking my dsoda and feeling very guilty about watching Scheider spy on a woman in her high-rise hotel room. I would have been much less uncomfortable if my mother wasn't there.

Thanks Scheider
 
"You're going to need a bigger boat."

Best line in the series.
 
Tom Mattson said:
"You're going to need a bigger boat."

Best line in the series.

LOL, that was a great line!