Rumsfeld offered to resign twice during Abu Ghraib scandal

  • Topic: News 
  • Thread starter Thread starter check
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 2K views
check
Messages
146
Reaction score
0
Donald Rumsfeld has revealed in an interview that he offered to resign twice during the Abu Ghraib scandal only to have is resignation rejected by Bush.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4235045.stm

Wow, I really didn’t expect that from him. Probably would have been a big deal if it came out before the election. Ah well.

What do you guys think?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Falling on the sword? Big deal. Besides, why does anyone believe him or anyone else in the Bush administration? After everything that's happened, why does anyone believe them? It baffles me completely.

I saw Mrs Bush on NBC last night. She corrected Pres. Bush's direct statement that he doesn't read newspapers by saying that they read many papers every morning. She was concerned that her husbands statements made him look out of touch. Why doesn't the "liberal media" call them on this. Its so sickening.
 
I agree with Smurf, that's why I get my primary political information from Mad comics, you know it makes sense!
 
Ivan, as you know...what we hear..and what people actually say are often two different things. I've not been able to find the two contradicting statements you're referring to, perhaps you can post them for us to prove your point?
 
How about "We know there are WMD in iraq" and "We never knew for sure there were WMD in Iraq"? lol