1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Second volume of Fonda & Ghirardi

1. Feb 2, 2006 #1

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

I hope there's no other thread on this topic, but i'm curious whether the second volume of their work has been published. If not, why is it written on the cover of the famous "Symmetry Principles and Quantum Mechanics" "Volume 1" ...?:confused:

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 2, 2006 #2
    Well my only guess is that you have a version of the book that was published in two volumes. The only thing I could find about it is this entry in the Library of Congress (US government site that keeps track of all books.)

Here is what it says:
    LC Control Number: 75121045
    Type of Material: Book (Print, Microform, Electronic, etc.)
    Brief Description: Fonda, Luciano.
    Symmetry principles in quantum physics [by] L. Fonda and G. C. Ghirardi.
    New York, M. Dekker, 1970.
    xiii, 515 p. 24 cm.
    ISBN: 0824712137

CALL NUMBER: QC174.5 .F6

So maybe if you have less than 515 pages in your copy, it was some sort of special printing...
    Hope that helps.
  4. Feb 3, 2006 #3

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Weird thing, the book i was talking about has about 500 pages. :surprised Thanks, anyway. Apparently there's only one VERY GOOD volume. :cool:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?