Should I Do a Summer Project in Plasma Physics for My High Energy Physics Goals?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 1K views
shubham agn
Messages
20
Reaction score
0
Hi!
I am in second year of my college. I want to pursue theoretical physics and plan to work on things like String theory and High Energy Physics. Now I was trying to get a summer project in Physics and I have been offered an opportunity to do a project in theoretical Plasma Physics.
Is it right to do a project in Plasma Physics considering that my interest is in High Energy Physics? If I do this project in Plasma Physics, will it help me to get projects in High Energy phyiscs etc. in future?

Thanks you in advance!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Unless you've also been offered an opportunity in HEP, take the one in plasma physics. In undergrad, research experience is research experience, especially when it comes to theoretical stuff. Congrats on being offered that opportunity in the second year of college, that's really something.