Should I focus on dual enrollment or further my math major in senior year?

  • Thread starter Thread starter TylerH
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 2K views
TylerH
Messages
729
Reaction score
0
Obviously, Calc III/Multivariable Calc and DE are sequential, so I'm taking them in sequential semesters next year. I've get 2 free periods for both of those semesters that I'm currently filling with Latin I and II, Chem, and Psychology. As a rising Senior, would it look better to colleges to take the current fillers or should I start working at my math major by taking as many [free] dual enrollment classes as I can? Or a combination?

If I should go ahead with the math classes, what could/should I take concurrently with Calc III and DE?

http://catalog.wcu.edu/content.php?filter[27
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
And just a general college question: Are 500+ classes off limits to undergrads, even those who demonstrate ability to take such courses?
 
TylerH said:
And just a general college question: Are 500+ classes off limits to undergrads, even those who demonstrate ability to take such courses?

It depends on the school. What school are you referring to?

edit: To be more clear, some schools will allow you to take 500 classes but others will not.
 
If I was in your situation, I'd take calc three with abstract algebra then linear algebra with ODE's; however, that'd be a heavy course load so it's all up to you!
 
Abstract algebra and linear algebra(optimization?) are 500 level courses. There's an introductory class for it. I've studied abstract algebra a little on my own. Would the introduction be necessary?

What do you think about Theory of Arithmetic? Which, I'm guessing, is number theory.