Should I switch careers if my GPA is stuck in the 80s?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
flyingpig
Messages
2,574
Reaction score
1
I feel at bit down seeing how all my grades averaged out to be in the 80s, but no more than 85s. I tried a summer course this summer and I thought I could concentrate better, but I still ended up with an 80.

When I look at some grad school applications, they all demand a minimum of 80 to even get in, I am on like the borderline. Even for Masters' degree it turned out to be in the 80s, I just completed my first year, should I just switch to a more lucrative career, say Engineering?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
As a little note, if you're having trouble with first-year physics classes, engineering will probably be just as hard. Sure, you could still get a more lucrative job, but the next few years probably won't be much fun. See if you can improve your study habits, maybe?
 
This thread is nearly five years old. The original poster has probably finished his/her bachelor's degree by now.

Let this serve as a reminder to check the date on a post that you find in a forum search or Google search, before you decide whether to reply to it. :oldwink: