1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Should I take APchem, BCcalculus, and APphysics junior year?

1. Feb 9, 2016 #1
    Hi, I'm currently a sophomore and my current classes and grades are :
    Chemistry 1 Honors: A
    PreCalc/Trig Honors: A
    English 10 Honors: A-
    AP World History: A-
    Art 2: A
    Spanish 3: A

Next year (junior year), I'm thinking about taking AP Chem, BC Calculus, AP Lang, Spanish 4 and USVA History Honors. That leaves me with 2 extra classes. I don't know if I should take AP Physics and Regular
    Psychology or Regular Physics and AP Psychology.
    My school only offers Regular Physics and AP Physics. I don't know if it will be a lot of work next year to take AP Chem, BC Calc, and AP Physics at the same time because I'm stocking up on a lot of AP math and AP sciences. Not to mention, I'm also taking AP Lang, so I would be taking 4 AP's with regular Psychology if I decide to do AP Physics. What do you think I should take and why?!

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 10, 2016 #2
    Motivation and preparation are very important when considering heavily loaded schedules.

Which do you like most?
    What do your parents suggest?
    Are any taught by teachers who are particularly inspirational?
    Are any taught by teachers you don't like?
    Are you planning to major in a field where one seems more important?

4. Feb 10, 2016 #3

jtbell

Staff: Mentor

Can you not take some of those courses during senior year? Do you have something else planned then?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook