Should I work at a technology consulting firm? (Need an answer !)

• Thread starter Jamin2112
  • Start date
I'm halfway through the hiring process to become a software engineer at a technology consulting firm. Before I continue I want to make sure this is a legitimate way for me to make a living and gain experience over the next few years. I know I need to be wary because a lot of businesses prey on recent college grads. From what I can tell, this is a legitimate business because their website has profiles of all their employees and because the 2nd part of the hiring process would be me spending a day with their software team. But I need to make sure.

Any advice?

I'll give the name of the company through personal message if that would be helpful.

Answers and Replies

I'm not sure what you are concerned about. Is this company located deep inside a mountain and is the CEO bald and always carrying a cat on his lap?

If there is an application fee, it is a scam. Otherwise, once you have the offer, try to determine if it is market rate for your area. If it is there or close, go for it! (It's a tough economy, so offers might be a little low.)