1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Should I work at a technology consulting firm? (Need an answer !)

1. Apr 16, 2013 #1
    I'm halfway through the hiring process to become a software engineer at a technology consulting firm. Before I continue I want to make sure this is a legitimate way for me to make a living and gain experience over the next few years. I know I need to be wary because a lot of businesses prey on recent college grads. From what I can tell, this is a legitimate business because their website has profiles of all their employees and because the 2nd part of the hiring process would be me spending a day with their software team. But I need to make sure.

Any advice?

I'll give the name of the company through personal message if that would be helpful.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 16, 2013 #2
    I'm not sure what you are concerned about. Is this company located deep inside a mountain and is the CEO bald and always carrying a cat on his lap?

If there is an application fee, it is a scam. Otherwise, once you have the offer, try to determine if it is market rate for your area. If it is there or close, go for it! (It's a tough economy, so offers might be a little low.)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook