Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Site survey popup

1. Jun 27, 2013 #1
    You may notice a little site survey popup in the bottom right corner. This is legit. We hope you take a few seconds to fill it out. It helps us understand how well we are doing. thanks! :)

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 27, 2013 #2

mfb

2016 Award

Staff: Mentor

I don't see a popup :(.

4. Jun 27, 2013 #3
    It doesn't appear every pageview. Be patient and keep a look out :)

5. Jun 27, 2013 #4

jbunniii

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

I answered the questions to make the popup go away, but it came back within 5 minutes!

6. Jun 27, 2013 #5

Nugatory

Staff: Mentor

That's because I'm getting your popups and every one else's too.
    Greg, you KNOW that I love you and pf.... What more do I have to do to prove my undying fidelity to you? How many times must I fill out the survey to reassure you?
    :smile:

Seriously, kidding aside, the stupid thing is popping up every few clicks even after I responded to it, and it's getting to be pretty damned annoying.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2013
  7. Jun 27, 2013 #6

LCKurtz

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

When I get an unsolicited survey request on the telephone I hang up on them. I consider popups in my browser to be very annoying intrusions no matter what their purpose. And we already have this forum to vent any problems. I say get rid of that popup survey.

8. Jun 27, 2013 #7

phinds

Gold Member
    2016 Award

+1 on THAT

9. Jun 28, 2013 #8

jbunniii

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

I was able to block the survey using AdBlock Plus, which fortunately I already had installed on my browser. To block the survey, wait for it to show up, then click on the "ABP" icon at the bottom of your browser, and select "Open Blockable Items." Scroll through the list until you find some items that start with "survey.g.doubleclick.net". Right click on any of them, and choose the option to block anything that begins with "survey.g.doubleclick.net". You should get a window that looks like the attached image. Choose "Add Filter" and refresh the page. Bye bye, annoying survey!

Attached Files:

10. Jun 28, 2013 #9
    Well because the survey is being blocked I don't know what you guys want. So i'm going to go ahead and guess and implement a neon blue and pink layout tomorrow... :D

I disabled it for members. I just need 500 done and we're half way there.

11. Jun 28, 2013 #10

jbunniii

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

The problem is that the survey kept popping up even after I completed it.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook