Site Survey Popup - Take a Few Seconds & Help Us Improve!

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary: It was becoming very annoying and disruptive to my browsing experience. Some users have even resorted to using ad blockers to get rid of it. It would be best to find a more effective way to gather feedback from users without being intrusive.
You may notice a little site survey popup in the bottom right corner. This is legit. We hope you take a few seconds to fill it out. It helps us understand how well we are doing. thanks! :)

Physics news on Phys.org
mfb said:
I don't see a popup :(.

It doesn't appear every pageview. Be patient and keep a look out :)

I answered the questions to make the popup go away, but it came back within 5 minutes!

mfb said:
I don't see a popup :(.

That's because I'm getting your popups and every one else's too.
Greg, you KNOW that I love you and pf... What more do I have to do to prove my undying fidelity to you? How many times must I fill out the survey to reassure you?
:smile:

Seriously, kidding aside, the stupid thing is popping up every few clicks even after I responded to it, and it's getting to be pretty damned annoying.

Last edited:
When I get an unsolicited survey request on the telephone I hang up on them. I consider popups in my browser to be very annoying intrusions no matter what their purpose. And we already have this forum to vent any problems. I say get rid of that popup survey.

LCKurtz said:
When I get an unsolicited survey request on the telephone I hang up on them. I consider popups in my browser to be very annoying intrusions no matter what their purpose. And we already have this forum to vent any problems. I say get rid of that popup survey.

+1 on THAT

I was able to block the survey using AdBlock Plus, which fortunately I already had installed on my browser. To block the survey, wait for it to show up, then click on the "ABP" icon at the bottom of your browser, and select "Open Blockable Items." Scroll through the list until you find some items that start with "survey.g.doubleclick.net". Right click on any of them, and choose the option to block anything that begins with "survey.g.doubleclick.net". You should get a window that looks like the attached image. Choose "Add Filter" and refresh the page. Bye bye, annoying survey!

Attachments

• block.jpg
    block.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 392
Well because the survey is being blocked I don't know what you guys want. So I'm going to go ahead and guess and implement a neon blue and pink layout tomorrow... :D

I disabled it for members. I just need 500 done and we're half way there.

Greg Bernhardt said:
Well because the survey is being blocked I don't know what you guys want.
The problem is that the survey kept popping up even after I completed it.

1. What is a site survey popup?

A site survey popup is a small window or message that appears on a website, inviting visitors to participate in a survey about their experience on the site. It typically includes a few questions and a call to action, such as clicking on a button or link to start the survey.

2. Why do websites use site survey popups?

Websites use site survey popups to gather feedback from their visitors in order to improve their user experience. This can help them identify any issues or areas for improvement on their site, as well as gather insights and preferences from their target audience.

3. Are site survey popups effective?

Yes, site survey popups can be very effective in gathering feedback from website visitors. They have a high visibility and can be strategically placed on the site to target specific pages or users. However, it is important to design and implement the popup in a user-friendly and non-intrusive way to ensure a high response rate.

4. How can I make my site survey popup more effective?

To make your site survey popup more effective, consider the timing and placement of the popup, as well as the design and wording of the questions. It should be easy to understand and complete, and offer an incentive or reward for participating. It's also important to analyze the feedback collected and make necessary changes based on the results.

5. Are there any alternatives to site survey popups?

Yes, there are other ways to gather feedback from website visitors, such as through email surveys, feedback forms, or user testing. Each method has its own advantages and disadvantages, and it's important to choose the one that best fits your website and target audience.