Small pension from Japan plus Social Security: will it affect my benefits?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jimmy Snyder
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Money
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 2K views
Jimmy Snyder
Messages
1,137
Reaction score
22
I'm living the life of a rock star. I used to work in Japan and got vested in a small pension that just started paying out. At the current exchange rate, I receive about $2300 a year. Since I have been paying Social Security for more than 30 years, this will not diminish my govt pension. When I was there, I met and married my wife, so I got the 'women for free' part down too. If you can call handing over all my pay 'free'.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Good job, I'd hate to see anyone end up in Dire Straits.
 
hypatia said:
Good job, I'd hate to see anyone end up in Dire Straits.

You win the internet!
 
Jimmy Snyder said:
I'm living the life of a rock star. I used to work in Japan and got vested in a small pension that just started paying out. At the current exchange rate, I receive about $2300 a year. Since I have been paying Social Security for more than 30 years, this will not diminish my govt pension. When I was there, I met and married my wife, so I got the 'women for free' part down too. If you can call handing over all my pay 'free'.

A man don't get (marry or date) no woman for free. She comes with a hefty price tag. She's a woman after all. Let's see, what are all the things you have to pay when you have a woman? I don't mean just money things, I mean . . . other things too.
 
Last edited: