1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Something that puts everything into quantum computing

1. May 25, 2014 #1
    i can not say that i'm super good at knowing my quantum physics, but i know enough, and even if i don't i can just search it up!
    so, recently i have taken an interest into the quantum computer , and the theories of how it works, is there anywhere that talks about it?

2. jcsd
  3. May 25, 2014 #2

phinds

Gold Member
    2016 Award

There's this nifty facility on the internet called "Google Search". You should give some consideration to learning how to use it. When I Googled "how does quantum computing work" I got 14,000,000 hits plus a list of other search terms that might be useful. I assume at least a lot of the stuff on the first couple of pages of that search is relevant to your question.

4. May 25, 2014 #3

adjacent

Gold Member

This website will give you everything you will need. :wink:

5. May 25, 2014 #4

CAF123

Gold Member

A book for the theory:
    check out Nielsen and Chuang, Quantum Computation and Quantum Information, CUP.

We had a end of course lecture on Quantum computation, the contents of which came from that book.

6. May 25, 2014 #5

esuna

Gold Member

This is what I would suggest as well. Very comprehensive book covering all the main topics of the theory, including foundational knowledge in other requisite areas such as group theory.

Also, Quantum Computing for Computer Scientists by Yanofsky and Manucci is nice less physically rigorous introduction

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook