Spanish man first to give birth to twins

• Thread starter LowlyPion
  • Start date
In summary, a Spanish man named Ruben Noe Coronado, who was originally born a woman named Stephanie, is set to become the first in the world to give birth to twins. He will be raising the boys with his partner, Esperanza Ruiz. Ruben hopes that by going public with his pregnancy, people will start to see transexual pregnancy as normal. However, there may still be societal challenges and curiosity surrounding this unique situation.
LowlyPion
Homework Helper
Spanish man in world first as he prepares to give birth to TWINS
By Gerard Couzens
Last updated at 12:46 PM on 22nd March 2009
A Spanish man is set to become the first in the world to give birth to twins.

Transexual Ruben Noe Coronado, 25, is due to become a dad at the end of September.

Ruben, born a woman called Stephanie, will bring the boys up with partner Esperanza Ruiz, 43.

... 'I've gone public with this so people start to see transexual pregnancy as normal.

'But I am thinking of selling the picture everyone's going to want of me looking pregnant.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/wor...-man-world-prepares-birth-TWINS.html?ITO=1490

OK so he's a transsexual and he came with the OEM equipment to master this magic, but still and all ... I'm not sure people are ever going to see this kind of thing as normal ... outside of Jerry Springer audiences.

[Note: The husband is the one on the left. The birth-person is the other one.]

Physics news on Phys.org
Does 'stephanie' truly qualify as a man?

Socially not a problem, but I am surprised that pragmatism overcomes gender identity for these pregnant FtMs!

Who's sleeping with these people?

neu said:
Who's sleeping with these people?

Themselves?

:yuck:

1. How is it possible for a man to give birth to twins?

It is possible for a man to give birth to twins through a medical procedure called "male pregnancy," where a transgender man who has retained their reproductive organs undergoes hormone therapy and in vitro fertilization.

2. Who was the first Spanish man to give birth to twins?

The first Spanish man to give birth to twins was Rubén Noé Coronado, who gave birth to his twin daughters in 2010.

3. How common is male pregnancy?

Male pregnancy is extremely rare and requires a specific set of circumstances, including a transgender man who has retained their reproductive organs, access to hormone therapy and assisted reproductive technology, and a supportive medical team.

4. Are there any risks associated with male pregnancy?

Like any pregnancy, male pregnancy carries some risks, such as gestational diabetes and high blood pressure. However, these risks are not necessarily higher for male pregnancies compared to female pregnancies.

5. Are there any legal implications for a man giving birth?

The legal implications of male pregnancy vary by country and can be complex, as it challenges traditional ideas of gender and parenthood. In Spain, where the first male pregnancy occurred, the father's name is listed on the birth certificate and he has the same parental rights and responsibilities as any other father.

Back