1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Statistically proving a BAC under 0.08

1. Nov 5, 2015 #1
    Was charged with DUI and am choosing to go to trial and represent myself. I want a statistical proof that I was under 0.08. I'll send this proof to a university professor to verify its validity.

Portable breath test (road side): 0.219
    Datamaster breath test (police station): 0.217, 0.203

The first test was 31 minutes after being pulled over and the other two were 44 minutes after that. Armed with this info, I would like to statistically prove that I was under 0.08 when driving (i.e. 31 minutes before portable breath test).

I used to take Statistics in college, so I remember there's stuff like sqrt(N) and so forth. Can someone help me out here?

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 6, 2015 #2
    You seem to be interested in statistics, so how about these?

31% of traffic related deaths in the United States are due to drunk driving.
    In 2011, over 1,000 children (<14) were killed due to drunk driving.
    Drunk driving costs the US some $50 billion/year.

New plan, why don't you not drink and drive? Instead of trying to cheat the system, man up and move on. Learn your lesson and quit endangering the lives of others.

4. Nov 6, 2015 #3

Drakkith

Staff: Mentor

Sorry, but we can't help with legal matters. Find a lawyer and see what they have to say. Thread locked.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook