Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Supergeometry and applications in physics

1. Aug 10, 2009 #1

MathematicalPhysicist

Gold Member

I would like to know what are the prequisites for a graduate course with a handle "supergeometry and applications in physics", Iv'e read somewhere that it uses a lot of algebraic geometry, schemes, I guess that after the lecturer will publish the syllabus with the prequisites, I'll be wiser, nontheless I would like to know form others well versed in this topic which is obviously under 'mathematical physics'.

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 13, 2009 #2
    Re: SuperGeometry.

I would say an undergraduate degree in mathematics or theorectical physics with some knowledge of differential geometry and/or relativistic field theory. Probably some understanding of group theory supersymmetry is an extension of the Poincare symmetry group. I'd guess you'd want to have taken some more basic graduate coarses in geometry applications to field theory before this coarse.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook