Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I Testing the information loss problem

1. Apr 29, 2017 #1

Chronos

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

This paper; https://arxiv.org/abs/1704.08613, Entropy evolution of moving mirrors and the information loss problem, discusses a proposed method to test the information loss paradox posed by black hole evaporation. Several possible outcomes are discussed, including a firewall scenario. Unfortunately, the devil is once again in the details. I could not entirely grasp how the authors propose to separate the smoke from the mirrors.

2. jcsd
  3. May 4, 2017 #2
    Thanks for the thread! This is an automated courtesy bump. Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post? The more details the better.

4. May 7, 2017 #3
    I read the paper after seeing your thread. It was of course a thought experiment and though they made some tentative suggestion of how this could be realized as a table top experiment but the details of this real world experiment still need to be fleshed out. Until then this appears an interesting diversion only, maybe it will up their citation score!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted