That old game I just can't remember the name of

• Thread starter Runei
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Game
In summary, the game is Soulbringer and is an RPG from the early 2000s. There is a battle near the end of the game and the game is full 3D.
Runei
Hello there,

I believe there must be some avid gamers around these parts, so perhaps someone can help me remember this jewel I've been searching for.

The game is an RPG with top-down 3D view like Baldurs Gate.

I would believe it is from the 1995 - early 2000s era (my guess).

In the game you play this guy who is traveling to his uncle (perhaps?) and finds him dead (as I remember). I can't remember the plot of the game, but I do remember that you become a mage. And you get some sort of "Mage Nexus" or "Base" that you can visit. One thing I DO remember however is, that there is a battle at some point (maybe near the end?), where there is actually a lot of NPC's fighting along side you. Very epic!

In my mind the game was called something with "Hex" but after countless futile hours I have given up on that. However I am still convinced there was something with an X.

Is this tickling anyone's mind? :)

Physics news on Phys.org
My kids used to play Hexen, a first person RPG. That what you are looking for?

Nah, it was a top-down view. But thanks anyway! :)

Try using this video game database to find it to find the game: http://www.mobygames.com/

If you know the platform and year there shouldn't be too many to sort through

I do not have any idea about the plot of these games anymore, but the only rpgs/action-rpgs from that time I remember having an 'x' in the title are Nox and Hexplore.

Actually I think I have found it. To my astonishment, the game is a full 3D game and there's no x in the name :D

It's Soulbringer.

My memory failed me! :)

Well now I have to play Baldur's gate again. It's been so long.

Oh the dread of finding an old game and having to play it again ^^

Guess what, I have Settlers 2 installed... and they run in DOSBox under W7 64b.

Last edited:
Greg Bernhardt said:
http://www.gog.com is awesome for rekindling your favorite childhood games

And you think where did I got Settlers from? :biggrin:

I've bought several games from GOG, it really makes me relive my childhood days ^_^

What was the name of that old game?

There are many old games with different titles, so it's hard to determine which one you are referring to without any specific details. Can you provide some information about the gameplay, characters, or release date?

When was the game released?

Without knowing the name of the game, it's difficult to provide an exact release date. However, you can try searching for the game on websites like Wikipedia or MobyGames, which usually have information about the release date of games.

What platform was the game available on?

Old games were usually available on platforms like PC, PlayStation, Xbox, Nintendo, or arcade machines. If you can remember which platform you played the game on, it can help narrow down the search for the game's name.

Can you provide any specific details about the game?

Yes, any details you can remember about the game can be helpful in identifying it. Some examples of details could be the genre (e.g. action, adventure, puzzle), the main character, the setting, or any unique features of the game.

Is there any other information that could help identify the game?

Yes, if you have any screenshots, videos, or box art from the game, it can be useful in identifying it. You can also try asking friends or family members who may have played the game with you, as they may remember the name or have other details that can help.