The Disobedient Eyelash: A Tale of Woe
- Thread starter Math Is Hard
- Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
46 replies · 26K views
Physics news on Phys.org
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 4,663
- 37
jimmysnyder said:I was sitting here thinking about asking my wife to ... uh ... Well, see if she would just ... I mean they have this product that let's you ... That is, if she would be willing to ... Oh never mind. just ignore this post. My wife wouldn't do it to save her life. And I wouldn't ask her for fear of my own.
Sound like you're beating around the bush.
*rimshot*
rewebster
- 883
- 2
Math Is Hard said:Sound like you're beating around the bush.
*rimshot*
my, my---you're on the razor's edge of eliminating the whole dyeing problem
mbrmbrg
- 486
- 2
chroot said:I just think it's fascinating that so many people I previously assumed male are in fact female.
- Warren
Me too.
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 4,663
- 37
hypatia said:I was useing a eyelash curler once, then a BIG spider came crawling down the mirror, and I ended up ripping about half of them out as I jumped. I don't use eyelash curlers anymore.
Were you sitting on a tuffet at the time?
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 4,663
- 37
Andre said:Better delete that post, and quickly go to the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) first. Ideas are easily stolen.
Too late. There goes my ticket to the good life. :(
Far Star
- 72
- 0
mbrmbrg said:I used to be scared of eyelash curlers, but then I tried one.
Great for days when I try to wear both glasses and mascara: using the curler prevents my eyelashes from hitting the glasses lens and leaving mascara streaks on it!
Tip for the day:
Warm the eyelash curler with a hair dryer on "low". Make sure to check that's it not too hot and use on clean lashes. They've even come out with a self heating curler. Go figure.
Far Star
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 4,663
- 37
Moonbear said:Wow, I did not know this. I thought that was the one way left to determine if the paint job was original.![]()
Betty Beauty has both natural and not so natural colors. They even have a green St. Patricks day kit that comes with a 4-leaf clover stencil.

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 4,663
- 37
Far Star said:Tip for the day:
Warm the eyelash curler with a hair dryer on "low". Make sure to check that's it not too hot and use on clean lashes. They've even come out with a self heating curler. Go figure.
Far Star
That is a very smart idea! Thank you!
Now I just have to work up the nerve to use the eyelash curler.
Far Star
- 72
- 0
Math Is Hard said:That is a very smart idea! Thank you!
Now I just have to work up the nerve to use the eyelash curler.![]()
You're welcome. :<)
There are entire sections on some forums devoted to such things. There are ergonomic designs, silicone vs rubber, slightly curved or more rounded, padded handle or not, $5 vs $20...
And I thought physics was mind boggling.
Far Star
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 4,663
- 37
Yay! I managed to pull the thing out this morning!
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 4,663
- 37
lisab said:
Congrats! Did it hurt as much as you thought it would?
It wasn't bad - it was mostly luck. First I put on mascara so I could get a grip, then I just tugged on some lashes in that area since I was having a problem grabbing that one particular eyelash. It turned out to be weakly rooted, as I suspected a defective, mutant eyelash might be. It gave way without a struggle, and no others came with it. it was a great relief because the stupid thing was starting to poke me.
rewebster
- 883
- 2
I really do have some 'sympathy' for everything that women have to worry about and have to go through-----
Most men usually get ready, get dressed, and go---
--it's not really 'sympathy'---it's more like ----oh...--my, my, MY...
Most men usually get ready, get dressed, and go---
--it's not really 'sympathy'---it's more like ----oh...--my, my, MY...
Science Advisor
- 365
- 88
rewebster said:I really do have some 'sympathy' for everything that women have to worry about and have to go through-----
Most men usually get ready, get dressed, and go---
--it's not really 'sympathy'---it's more like ----oh...--my, my, MY...
I don't know about that. Men have problems, too. It's just that they can all be solved with a pocket knife.
I still remember the trauma of getting splinters as a kid. I'd complain, my dad's hand slips out of his pocket holding a pocket knife, and he commands, "Come here, I'll take care of it."
Knives: the key to all of man's solutions and his problems, as well, sometimes. (Ivan had to convince Integral to put a picture of his knife holder in the caption competition thread, inspiring me to buy one of those http://www.thinkgeek.com/homeoffice/gear/86dd/. They're sharp! I cut my finger while cutting an onion. Now that it's healing, the skin's receding a little more than I expected and I'm thinking that maybe I should have gotten stitches or at least put a little super glue on it. It looks okay from the top, but from the side it looks like it's going to leave more a divot than a scar.)