Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

The game of Microshogi

1. May 8, 2014 #1
    I came across this very fun and interesting game called Microshogi. I will not describe the rules because they're here on wiki.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Micro_shogi

I advise not using Japanese characters or pentagonal pieces. Just make rectangle pieces, use english letters and use a circumflex over the letters. I originated the idea of color-coding the pieces. This really improves the recognizability of the pieces. I employed the 5 color scheme of the New Paradigm Daleks.
    So much fun! I can win in one minute. Games don't last too long -- ideal for a coffee break. I want this game to be more widely known. People are missing out.

Attached Files:

• ms8.jpg
      ms8.jpg
      File size:
      50.9 KB
      Views:
  2. jcsd
  3. Jun 22, 2014 #2
    You're right I haven't heard of microshogi until I dropped by this thread. The game looks fun and is indeed ideal for a coffee break.

4. Jun 22, 2014 #3
    Thanks jmneutr0nn3 for your interest. In Chess, one commands an army. In Microshogi, one commands a squad of remarkable super-soldiers. The squad is the smallest military unit.
    For this reason, I want to know more examples of squads that come in fives and are color-coded. There are the Power Rangers. There are the New Paradigm Daleks. There is the priesthood in the movie "Beneath the Planet of the Apes".

5. Jun 23, 2014 #4
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook