The Obscure Kitchen Utensils Test

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Test
In summary: By the way, I didn't study for this test. I took it cold. I was just lucky to have seen most of the kitchen gadgets at some point or another in my life.So, was it a cake slicer/server or a pizza slicer/server? It looked like it could be both (wasn't sure if the thing at the top of the handle was a pizza cutting blade, or just a decoration). Since it doesn't tell you which ones you got wrong, I don't know if I guessed right on that one or not.It was a cake slicer/server. I remember seeing one of those at a potluck once.
Evo
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gourmet

You scored 93 correct!

You're either an avid subscriber to Pampered Chef (where a lot of these utensils came from) or you just pay close attention when cooking. Either way, if you ever want to send me some free food, I'll be glad to partake of it!

http://www.okcupid.com/tests/5968597805592272096/Obscure-Kitchen-Utensils

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
You scored 86 correct!

You're either an avid subscriber to Pampered Chef (where a lot of these utensils came from) or you just pay close attention when cooking. Either way, if you ever want to send me some free food, I'll be glad to partake of it!
My test tracked 1 variable How you compared to other people your age and gender:

free online dating free online dating
You scored higher than 99% on correct

This is a wimpy cooking test. Perhaps we need to take tests that can discriminate between 99.9% and higher, so you can find chefs that can eliminate lousy cooks and support people who can actually produce some food that is worthy of being consumed?

Last edited:
It didnt copy in the right format, but I hit 78%...Alton loves me!
The last one I didnt have a clue, and the kidney chopper{thats what we call it, cause ours is kidney shapped}I just had to guess at.

Last edited:
Your Score: Gourmet

You scored 96 correct!

Theres only ten questions :confused:

Thats rather surprising though since cooking to me means pouring boiling water over some dried noodles. Although it was quite easy to guess from the options. :rolleyes:

Kurdt said:
Your Score: Gourmet

You scored 96 correct!

Theres only ten questions :confused:

Thats rather surprising though since cooking to me means pouring boiling water over some dried noodles. Although it was quite easy to guess from the options. :rolleyes:
Where is that bowing smiley??

Kurdt has just won his third week in Death Valley!

This is just too funny. This is an actual ad on OKC. I had no idea they were handing out certificates now.

Attachments

• wow.JPG
    wow.JPG
    13.8 KB · Views: 354
It could just mean he's been instituitionalised at some point.

Evo said:
Where is that bowing smiley??

Kurdt has just won his third week in Death Valley!

:shy: I need some sunblock and a pamphlet informing me about the sights.

Last edited:
You scored 93 correct!

So, was it a cake slicer/server or a pizza slicer/server? It looked like it could be both (wasn't sure if the thing at the top of the handle was a pizza cutting blade, or just a decoration). Since it doesn't tell you which ones you got wrong, I don't know if I guessed right on that one or not.

I said pizza slice/server because the of the wheel at the top of the handle.

You scored 72 correct!

Considering I never cook, that's pretty good.

You scored 72 correct!

Good for you! You've probably seen your fair share of cooking shows and can be pretty handy in the kitchen. I wouldn't recommend you run off to open your own restaurant just yet, but it could be in your future.
My test tracked 1 variable How you compared to other people your age and gender:

You scored higher than 99% on correct

Hehehehe. I know a ventilated measuring spoon and a reverse rolling pin when I see one.:biggrin:

Last edited:
Evo said:
This is just too funny. This is an actual ad on OKC. I had no idea they were handing out certificates now.

:rofl::rofl:

The Obscure Kitchen Utensils Test

You've answered 10 of 10, by the way

Nifty.

G01 said:
Hehehehe. I know a ventilated measuring spoon and a reverse rolling pin when I see one.:biggrin:

Well, there wasn't any choice that it was a dumbell. Just because you're slaving in the kitchen all day doesn't mean one should neglect a little bit of toning of their muscles. :biggrin:

You scored 72 correct!

I think a better question is, without showing you a picture of this kitchen utensil, is it a :

1)Back scratcher
2)This has to be the eyeball gouger
3)It's just a melon baller
4)Potato Eye Gouger

... lol

1. What is "The Obscure Kitchen Utensils Test"?

The Obscure Kitchen Utensils Test is a scientific experiment designed to evaluate a person's knowledge and familiarity with uncommon or rarely used kitchen tools. This test can be used for research purposes or for fun.

2. How is the test conducted?

The test is typically conducted in a controlled environment, such as a laboratory or kitchen setting. Participants are presented with a variety of unusual kitchen utensils and are asked to identify them and explain their purpose. The test can also be administered through written or online quizzes.

3. What is the purpose of this test?

The purpose of this test is to measure a person's understanding and familiarity with obscure kitchen utensils. It can be used to assess a person's knowledge in this area for research purposes, or to simply challenge and entertain individuals who are interested in cooking and kitchen gadgets.

4. Who can take "The Obscure Kitchen Utensils Test"?

Anyone with an interest in cooking and kitchen utensils can take this test. It can be used in educational settings, for individuals looking to expand their knowledge, or for anyone who wants to test their skills and challenge themselves.

5. Are there any benefits to taking this test?

Aside from being a fun and challenging activity for those interested in cooking, this test can also help individuals learn more about uncommon kitchen utensils and expand their culinary knowledge. It can also be used for research purposes to gain a better understanding of how people perceive and use various kitchen tools.