The Reality of Majoring in Astrophysics: Is it Worth It?

  • Level: High School 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Ironside
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Astrophysics Reality
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
Ironside
Messages
32
Reaction score
0
So this is the deal, I'm 17, and I have a passion for science, especially Astrophysics, and I want to major in that department, but the thing is, a lot of people that I know tell me Astrophysics is way too hard, it's not stable, you need to be a genius to make something out of it, not enough money, etc. Now I'm not in it for the money at all, but the thing is, how many people that actually major in astrophysics get settled down to make a comfortable living? And is there a big percentage of people who find it too hard for them and end up switching majors?
 
Astronomy news on Phys.org
This should be posted in Academic Guidance thread.
 
Oh, I feared I put it in the wrong section lol. Thanks for the heads up.

I put it there, someone should delete this.