The sizes of objects that can be welded with Oxyacetylene?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Fawzi Da
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
Fawzi Da
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
Hello fellow members. How are you all doing? I hope your doing great.

I'm currently searching types of welding types and came across a question I need for my assignments.The sizes of objects that can be welded with Oxyacetylene?

Thank you in advance
Fawzi
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
Well, it depends. If you are welding plate mild steel with a butt joint the practical limit is about 3/16" thick. If you bevel the edges of the joint the limit is your patience. A larger torch and fill rod will make the work go faster but there is not a limit "as a rule". I hope this helps.
 
montoyas7940 said:
Well, it depends. If you are welding plate mild steel with a butt joint the practical limit is about 3/16" thick. If you bevel the edges of the joint the limit is your patience. A larger torch and fill rod will make the work go faster but there is not a limit "as a rule". I hope this helps.

Thank you!