• Support PF! Buy your school textbooks, materials and every day products via PF Here!

Theoretical Physics and Applied Maths

• Thread starter Muqi
  • Start date
I have applied for a degree in TPAM, theoretical physics and applied maths at Birmingham. I just want confirmation: This degree is filled with a lot of maths similar to that found in the Further Pure syllabus of A-level, correct? I have seen third year notes from someone who took the same degree and found this sort of algebra (which I enjoy a lot).

Also, what sort of mathematics do I need to learn to prepare myself for such a difficult degree?

pasmith

Homework Helper
I have applied for a degree in TPAM, theoretical physics and applied maths at Birmingham. I just want confirmation: This degree is filled with a lot of maths similar to that found in the Further Pure syllabus of A-level, correct? I have seen third year notes from someone who took the same degree and found this sort of algebra (which I enjoy a lot).

Also, what sort of mathematics do I need to learn to prepare myself for such a difficult degree?
I would imagine that Further Maths A-Level was a prerequisite for such a course.