Tim Conway's deadpan delivery kept Harvey Korman cracking up

  • Thread starter Thread starter phinds
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
Science Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
Messages
19,385
Reaction score
15,622
I usually found him hilarious. What was even more fun was watching him keep a straight face while Harvey Korman was totally cracking up. His deadpan delivery could be VERY entertaining.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: BillTre
Physics news on Phys.org
I feel like I'm running an obituary column here. I grew up watching Tim Conway and his wholesome TV humor especially on the Carol Burnett show.

https://fox8.com/2019/05/14/report-tim-conway-dies-at-85/
The Willoughby native passed away Tuesday morning in Los Angeles after a long illness, according to Howard Bragman, who heads LaBrea Media.

Conway worked at WJW in the 60s.

He is survived by his wife of 35 years, his stepdaughter, his six biological children and two granddaughters.

The beloved actor is best known for his work on The Carol Burnett Show. He won four Emmy Awards on her TV variety show.

He was also in a few Disney movies including The World's Greatest Athlete and The Apple Dumpling Gang.

Here's Tim talking humorously about his career:

 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: strangerep and BillTre
You know Tim Conway was big... he was a https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6mi4s3
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Rubidium_71
My mother loved him and Harvey Korman. She and my paternal Grandmother would always watch the Carol Burnett Show and would be cracking up. I can still see Tim and Harvey shuffling their feet and them laughing even though it was the same thing every week. :oldbiggrin:

R.I.P.