1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Time limit between GRE and application packages

Tags:
  1. Nov 2, 2015 #1
    I have a question regarding GRE general as it is new to me. Suppose I have registered for the test on 15th of November and the score will be received by the college I apply on 1st of December. But my application packages (CV, statement of purpose, diploma etc) will only arrive there one month later. My question is, is there some time limit between the reception of GRE score with the application package beyond which my GRE score won't be acknowledged to be attributed to me?

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 2, 2015 #2

jedishrfu

Staff: Mentor

I don't think so as this must happen a lot at colleges. I imagine the scores come in and no one does anything until your official application comes in and then the scores are pulled and added to the newly created folder.

However, don't take my word for it, contact the school and ask them.

Why are you delaying sending of your application?

There are some schools that have cut-offs in December most notably UCLA:

http://admission.universityofcalifornia.edu/how-to-apply/dates-deadlines/index.html

If its because of the essays then write them quick and ask a teacher to review them with you before the rush.

4. Nov 5, 2015 #3
    Yes, it's mainly because of the essays. I prefer not the write in in a rush because this document is supposed to be my mouth in front of the admission committee.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook