Today is National Beer Day in the US

  • Thread starter Thread starter BillTre
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Beer
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Messages
2,854
Reaction score
12,703
Just found out that today (April 7) is National Beer Day in the US.

It marks the day the Cullen-Harrison act had effect. This was before Prohibition (amendment 18) was repealed. Instead the Cullen-Harrison act (in traditional American tradition) worked around the amendment by redefining the amount of alcohol that legally defineds a drink as intoxicating.

Upon signing the legislation, Roosevelt made his famous remark, "I think this would be a good time for a beer."

Interestingly, the day before (April 6) is known as New Beers Eve.
Its also my birthday.
I got a beer for my birthday which I will be drinking later today. :smile:

Now I need a baseball game.
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: Astronuc, atyy, diogenesNY and 1 other person
Physics news on Phys.org
1586308254230.png
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: BillTre
My friends dad is from the US. Claimed he could drink 30+ beers in a full day of drinking. When he first came to Canada he blacked out before 15. Couldn't handle the 1% difference.

Also, makes me think of John Candy in Canadian Bacon.

1586310468834.png
 
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: BillTre