Too Much of a Good Thing: Photo Contest Dilemma

In summary, the "Too Much of a Good Thing: Photo Contest Dilemma" is a common issue in photo contests where there are too many high-quality submissions, making it difficult for judges to select a winner. This can lead to a longer and more complex judging process, delaying the announcement of the winner and causing frustration for participants. To address this dilemma, some potential solutions include having a pre-selection process and multiple rounds of judging. Photo contest organizers can also prevent this dilemma by setting submission limits and clearly defining judging criteria. Participants can increase their chances of winning by submitting unique and creative photos, meeting all requirements, and engaging with the contest community.

Which is the best?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 4 44.4%

Votes: 3 33.3%

Votes: 1 11.1%

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Andre
That's the subject of a photo contest somewhere. So I played with matches but "embarras de richesses"; which one to enter? Which one appeals the most?

elbjeo.jpg

8zlp4i.jpg

n1chmf.jpg

2a5gkl2.jpg

v2zpcz.jpg

Physics news on Phys.org
heh- I entered that contest, too. So I have to abstain from voting :)

I like #2...macro action shot, very cool!

Me too Lisa, good shots Andre :)

I would advise that it is important to carefully consider the potential consequences of each action before making a decision. While playing with matches may have produced visually striking photos, it is important to also consider the potential dangers and negative impacts of such behavior. Additionally, it is important to consider the theme and guidelines of the photo contest before choosing which photo to enter. It is possible that one of the photos may align better with the contest's theme and criteria, making it a stronger submission. Ultimately, it is important to balance creativity and responsibility in decision making, especially in situations where there may be a temptation to prioritize one over the other.

What is the "Too Much of a Good Thing: Photo Contest Dilemma"?

The "Too Much of a Good Thing: Photo Contest Dilemma" refers to a common problem in photo contests where there are too many high-quality submissions and it becomes difficult for judges to choose a winner.

Why is having too many high-quality submissions a problem in photo contests?

This is a problem because it can be overwhelming for judges to review and compare a large number of excellent photos. It can also lead to a longer and more complex judging process, which may delay announcing the winner and cause frustration for participants.

What are some potential solutions to the "Too Much of a Good Thing" dilemma?

One solution is to have a pre-selection process where a smaller group of judges narrows down the submissions to a manageable number for the final judging. Another solution is to have multiple rounds of judging where the top submissions from each round move on to the next round.

How can photo contest organizers prevent the "Too Much of a Good Thing" dilemma?

Organizers can set a limit on the number of submissions allowed per participant, which can help control the total number of entries. They can also clearly define the judging criteria and communicate them to participants to ensure that only high-quality submissions are accepted.

What can participants do to increase their chances of winning in a photo contest with a lot of high-quality submissions?

Participants can focus on submitting unique and creative photos that stand out from the rest. They can also carefully review the judging criteria and make sure their photos meet all the requirements. Additionally, they can engage with the contest community and promote their submissions to gain more exposure and support from voters or judges.