Tornado Hits Parking Lot - Watch the Video!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Evo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Tornado
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
7 replies · 3K views
Evo
Staff Emeritus
Messages
24,114
Reaction score
3,277
Since I'm in a tornado watch area for today and tomorrow, thought I'd share this.

The tornado hits right after the SUV pulls up about 58 seconds (if you are impatient).



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xT9pfDVML8
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
HOLY @^#*! The person in that SUV must have been terrified.
 
Careful Evo, don't jinx yourself...

Rhody... :eek:
 
daveb said:
HOLY @^#*! The person in that SUV must have been terrified.
I'm sure they soiled their pants, I know I would.

rhody said:
Careful Evo, don't jinx yourself...

Rhody... :eek:
Yeah, I should be careful what I say.
 
I just watched the video from home, were those little eddies right at the end of the video ? That wasn't the main funnel right ?

Rhody... :confused:
 
I am surprised by people just before the tornado - they seem completely unaware that something is coming in. I understand someone in car can not know what is going on, but people are walking as if it was a Sunday walk. No sirens, not warnings, they don't see it is behind the corner?
 
Ha! Yea the people seem to be walking normally, then you can see them running a bit. That first car got out just in time. This vid just shows how powerful they can be...Take care Evo
 
Evo said:
Since I'm in a tornado watch area for today and tomorrow, thought I'd share this.

The tornado hits right after the SUV pulls up about 58 seconds (if you are impatient).



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xT9pfDVML8

It looks like that they saw what was coming and decided to get between two other cars to keep from being lifted off the ground easily. Pretty smart if that's what they intended. :approve:
 
Last edited by a moderator: