Trying out ways to become an independent researcher

  • Thread starter Thread starter aftnix
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 422 views
aftnix
How did you find PF?
google
Hi,

I'm from Bangladesh. I have a Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering, and a Masters Degree in Theoretical Physics. Currently work on a financial organization where my job mostly involves building predictive models using deep learning for various purposes. I'm 32 years Old.

My life situations are such taking up an full time research position is not financially viable for my family. But I'm deeply interested in doing research work , maybe in a smaller scale. Maybe apply my Machine Learning/Data Science background to use in physics etc.

I usually try to keep up with the research by reading nature/sciencemag/quantamagazine regularly, sometimes try to read new submissions from arxiv. But haven't done anything concrete or focussed. I'm searching for a like minded community of individuals who are in similar situation like me and wants to pursue serious research. As there is no pressure, maybe tackle more foundational problems.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org