Two truths and one lie game about family and personal history

  • Thread starter Thread starter Evo
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
601 replies · 53K views
Evo
Staff Emeritus
Messages
24,114
Reaction score
3,277
This is a game we played recently in a class I was in.

Tell two things related to yourself that are true and one thing that is a lie and we'll try to guess which is the lie.

I'll start. (darn, BobG will know most of the stuff about me from other posts ) Ok, here we go.

I had my own tv show when I was 16.

One of my relatives was married to the Bride of Frankenstein.

One of my ancestors was the wealthiest man in the US in the late 18th century.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Correct, it was a radio show.

Come on, post some odd facts. You don't need to wait until the previous poster's has been guessed to add your own.
 
I was investigated for 9 counts of Grand larceny...

I have driven a car to over 230 mph...

I pitched three no hitters in little league baseball...
 
blah, Townsend beat me.

I am going to go with the second one here. I don't think you have driven a car over 230mph.

Ahh I remember playing this game once in high school.

I am half African-American
I listen to old school gangsta rap from the 90s
I once got a score of 71 playing minesweeper on expert.
 
Last edited:
Townsend said:
I was investigated for 9 counts of Grand larceny...

I have driven a car to over 230 mph...

I pitched three no hitters in little league baseball...

230 mph is too fast, I'm voting that.
 
I've been proposed to 3 times (in real life - as in, not over the internet)

One of my relatives was a mechanic and fixed German trucks in WW2.

I spent several years in Somalia as a child.
 
whozum said:
230 mph is too fast, I'm voting that.

No...I never pitched three no hitters...I did pitch one though
 
Smurf said:
I've been proposed to 3 times (in real life - as in, not over the internet)

One of my relatives was a mechanic and fixed German trucks in WW2.

I spent several years in Somalia as a child.

The first one.
 
mattmns said:
blah, Townsend beat me.

I am going to go with the second one here. I don't think you have driven a car over 230mph.
You're not supposed to put your facts in white.
 
Townsend said:
No...I never pitched three no hitters...I did pitch one though

What did you drive? No conventionally accessible car goes that fast.
 
teehee, everyone believes the relative in ww2 one? Any more guesses before I reveal the truth?
 
Evo said:
One of my relatives was married to the Bride of Frankenstein.
Elsa Lanchester? That's kinda cool.
One of my ancestors was the wealthiest man in the US in the late 18th century.
If there's any left over, send me some.
 
Smurf said:
I've been proposed to 3 times (in real life - as in, not over the internet)

One of my relatives was a mechanic and fixed German trucks in WW2.

I spent several years in Somalia as a child.
I know which you've posted before, so I won't say.
 
Evo said:
You're not supposed to put your facts in white.
Yeah I just did that so I could add them in later since Townsend had beat me. (I thought we would be doing it one at a time.

Smurf got it right though. I am not half-black. Although women often question me on that after seeing my penis :smile:
 
Smurf said:
teehee, everyone believes the relative in ww2 one? Any more guesses before I reveal the truth?

No one would propose to you.
 
Okay. I've never been to Somalia.
Evo said:
I know which you've posted before, so I won't say.
What? We've had a thread like this before?
 
mattmns said:
Yeah I just did that so I could add them in later since Townsend had beat me. (I thought we would be doing it one at a time.

Smurf got it right though. I am not half-black. Although women often question me on that after seeing my penis :smile:

Youve been mentioning penises (penii?) quite a bit now.. what's the deal?
 
zoobyshoe said:
Elsa Lanchester? That's kinda cool.
Yep, my grandfather's cousin was Charles Laughton, aka "the hunchback of Notre Dame" and Captain Bligh. :-p

If there's any left over, send me some.
None, he left his money to charity. His family had the will contested by none other than Daniel Webster, and Webster lost.
 
mattmns said:
Smurf got it right though. I am not half-black. Although women often question me on that after seeing my penis :smile:
Gee arn't we modest.
 
whozum said:
Youve been mentioning penises (penii?) quite a bit now.. what's the deal?
You're right, maybe I should quit being a pervert.
 
whozum said:
Youve been mentioning penises (penii?) quite a bit now.. what's the deal?
You know what they say. Those who talk the most, have the least.
 
Smurf said:
Okay. I've never been to Somalia.
What? We've had a thread like this before?
No, I just remembered you mentioning things. Ok, I was wrong, what foreign country did you live in?
 
whozum said:
What did you drive? No conventionally accessible car goes that fast.

I used to live around a drag strip in Marion SD...

What do you suppose a blown 500 CID Dodge hemi in a cuda with a lenco tyranny can do on an open rode? The engine dynoed at about 850 break horsepower IIRC...

http://www.thundervalleydragways.com/
 
Last edited:
Evo said:
No, I just remembered you mentioning things. Ok, I was wrong, what foreign country did you live in?
Ghana and France.
 
Smurf said:
You know what they say. Those who talk the most, have the least.
This is so true.
 
Evo said:
Yep, my grandfather's cousin was Charles Laughton, aka "the hunchback of Notre Dame" and Captain Bligh. :-p
A remarkably fine actor, but he did usually play villains and strange characters.
His family had the will contested by none other than Daniel Webster, and Webster lost.
Wow, you have quite a rich family history.