1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Schools UMass Amherst vs. Boston University

1. Apr 24, 2007 #1
    These are my two choices for undergrad physics right now. BU costs a ton more than UMass, but it's in the middle of boston, which is a plus. UMass campus is alright, but it's in the middle of nowhere. However UMass offers a Bachelor of Science and BU only a BA.

I'm leaning to UMass, but any advice would be sweet.

BTW, I plan to go to grad school.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 24, 2007 #2
    I have a good friend who went to UMass-Amherst for undergrad physics. He loved it. He loved everything about the program, the school and the area.

4. Apr 25, 2007 #3

J77

I've got a bunch of friends around the Amherst area who go to UMass -- great parties!

On the other side, I have academic friends at BU.

Although the parties at UMass are great, I'd go to BU -- for the town -- just recalled, drinking in Cambridge is fun too :biggrin:

Actaully, both are really nice places :smile:

5. Apr 25, 2007 #4
    How can you get a BA in a science subject? This, surely, makes no sense?

6. Apr 25, 2007 #5

J77

Oxford and Cambridge traditionally use BAs for all subjects; BU could have taken their lead.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?