Unexpected Adventures: Taking a Cab Home After Too Many Holiday Cocktails

  • Thread starter Thread starter alw34
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Home
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
alw34
Messages
220
Reaction score
55
A few days ago I was out for an evening and had several holiday cocktails followed by some rather nice red wine. Feeling jolly I still had the sense to know that I might have been slightly over the limit. That's when I did something that I've never done before - I took a cab home.
Sure enough, on the way home there was a police road block, but since it was a cab they waved it past. I arrived home safely without incident. This was a real surprise, as I had never driven a cab before, I don't know where I got it and now that it's in my garage I don't know what to do with it.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: CalcNerd, Evo, Borg and 1 other person
Physics news on Phys.org
I can't wait the follow up joke...
the one where the person realizes they left their own car somewhere.
 
Ok it's not a joke but...

Some years ago I worked for a company that had a relaxed attitude to drinking. It was traditional to go out for "lunch" at a local Pub (aka bar) on a Friday. On one occasion we met up with a member of the sales team who I'd best call "Jim" and after a hearty "lunch" we all walked the short distance back to the office. Later that day Jim went to the car park to go home and found his company car missing. The security officer advised him to report it to the police who, for once, said they would send someone to take a written statement. It was as the police were getting out of their car he remembered that he'd driven to the Pub at lunchtime.
 
CWatters, so glad you posted that...brought back a fond memory.

One time during holiday season a co worker and I went out for a very late 'luncheon meeting'. Who knows, we might have actually discussed something related to work...but not for long ...never laughed more.

I don't remember what we ate, nor what was so funny, but that bottle of wine was fabulous...we decided we'd better NOT be seen back at the office and so we both went home.