Using Math in the Real World by the University of London

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
sleepydreamer
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
I came across this PDF while google'n. It's about how math is used in different jobs and not just some crap about "critical thinking skills" or balance your checkbook.

Figured it might be a good resource for high school and college kids. Plus its really highly produced and made by the University of London.


http://www.mathscareers.org.uk/_db/_documents/WherethemathsyoulearnisusedBooklet.pdf
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
sleepydreamer said:
I came across this PDF while google'n. It's about how math is used in different jobs and not just some crap about "critical thinking skills" ...

If you think "critical thinking skills" is crap, you are not going far in this world.
 
phinds said:
If you think "critical thinking skills" is crap, you are not going far in this world.

Relax man, I only meant that usually when you read something about how math is useful they just tell you that you acquire critical thinking skills. This gives specific details.