1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Vendor for Flint Glass Block or Prism

1. Mar 30, 2015 #1
    Hi,

I'm trying to put together materials to demonstrate the Faraday Effect. I need to locate the supplier of some flint glass (glass with lead oxide or similar materials increasing the Verdet constant), that I could use in my lab. I had found this from Mansion Schools: http://www.mansionschools.com/prisms-science-laboratory-flint-glass-block-for-faraday-effect-br-u8474060-light-and-optics.html [Broken]

but they are not shipping until May 8 for some reason. Does anyone have another source?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. Mar 30, 2015 #2
  4. Mar 30, 2015 #3
    I will give them a call tomorrow, but I don't think they have what I need. The page you linked to has a series of achromatic lenses, some made with flint glass, but they are not the correct shape. I'm looking for either a block or rod of glass at least 25mm in length.

5. Apr 1, 2015 #4

Andy Resnick

Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook