Vertical proportionality symbol in physics notes

  • Thread starter Thread starter KateMonster
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Symbols
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
8 replies · 7K views
KateMonster
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
My physics professor used a symbol in his notes that I was unfamiliar with, and so far the closest thing I have found to it is the propto. The only difference is that my prof used it vertically, with the open side up. I'm wondering if this is a different symbol entirely, or if he just tipped it for fun. Any input is greatly appreciated.

[PLAIN]http://imagebin.org/index.php?mode=image&id=86532

The image doesn't appear to be loading, so here's just the link
[PLAIN]http://imagebin.org/index.php?mode=image&id=86532

That's a picture of his symbol and he used it. Thanks in advance!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
But the link works right? It does on my screen at least.
 
How about this one? http://imagebin.org/86540

If not I'm going to go destroy imagebin.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
The problem is about compressing gas in a cylinder and finding the pressure. I feel like it would be solvable if I just ignore those symbols, but they're probably there for a reason.