Voce particulare / remarkable voices

• Thread starter Andre
  • Start date
In summary, the local jury selected the finalists of the PF song festival based on their technique, range, and power. Celine Dion was voted as the runner-up, while Whitney Houston and Mariah Carey took first and second place, respectively.

and the winner is...

• Tarja

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Era

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Celine

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Enya

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Sarah

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters
Andre
Ladies and gentlemen, madames et messieurs, meine Damen und Herren, Signore e signori, Damas y caballeros of the PF jury, presenting the finalists of our song festival of the most remarkable voices.

Please cast your vote for your favorite

Tarja Turunen

Era

Celine Dion

Enya

Sarah Brightman

Physics news on Phys.org
First place: Aretha Franklin
Second place: All other female vocalists in the world.

jimmysnyder said:
First place: Aretha Franklin
Second place: All other female vocalists in the world.

A distant second...

Celine Dion is my favorite. :smile:

Where's Michael Winslow? :uhh:

Here's a write-in vote for Etta James.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been told that I have the most incredible voice anyone has ever heard. Thirteen years in the a capella choir. I vote for myself. :biggrin:

Yeah, that's really conceited, but, whatever. It's true. :tongue2:

I am a mezzo soprano, for those who really get into it.

Last edited:
I'm thrilled by the voice of Whitney Houston, Sade, and Norah Jones.

Here's a vocal battle between Whitney Houston, Celine Dion and Mariah Carey.

Here's how I cast my vote.
Technique - Celine Dion
Range - Mariah Carey
Power - Whitney Houston

There are some opera singers that blow all of these women away.

Ladies and Gentlemen in the audience, I do apologize for the somewhat peculiar voting practice of the local jury :redface: Happens sometimes. Perhaps one of these days, I could explain that the general idea is to select somebody from the finalists :tongue:

I love Enya's music, but I don't know what her voice alone sounds like. So much computer synth mixed in with it. Tarja is good too, but Celine would top this list for me.

Andre said:
Ladies and gentlemen, madames et messieurs, meine Damen und Herren, Signore e signori, Damas y caballeros of the PF jury, presenting the finalists of our song festival of the most remarkable voices.

Please cast your vote for your favorite

Tarja Turunen

Era

Celine Dion

Enya

Sarah Brightman

They ALL suck, IMO, especially Celine Dion

marlon

marlon said:
They ALL suck, IMO, especially Celine Dion

marlon

lol.. no.

Andre said:
Ladies and Gentlemen in the audience, I do apologize for the somewhat peculiar voting practice of the local jury :redface: Happens sometimes. Perhaps one of these days, I could explain that the general idea is to select somebody from the finalists :tongue:

Well, see... here's the deal, Andre. You said "vote for your favorite" --and then you put up a list of YOUR favorites. I did not see my favorite on the list, so I added MINE! :tongue: :rofl: If there are going to 'finalists' in the contest, don't you think the voting members should be choosing the finalists?

Enya is good, but her stuff is too similar. She keeps putting out records that only have like 2 new songs on them each time. Sarah gets my vote, she's rockin'. Where is Kurt Cobain? Lol, he can be "boiling nails" at one moment, and then have a pretty good voice the next.

I really really really like Sharon den Adel from Within Temptation. http://youtube.com/watch?v=S4rrCGI2cYQ&feature=related" IMHO shows the range and clarity of her voice.

For a close second Cristina Scabbia from Lacuna Coil. http://youtube.com/watch?v=nDaDtHMgVxM" is the best cover of the Depeche Mode original.

Tarja Turunen is also a good singer, however I like here work from Nightwish allot better then her new solo stuff.

I really need to get my sound system back together, these cheep computer speakers just do no justice to any of these singers, or any of my music.

1. What makes a voice remarkable?

A remarkable voice is one that stands out and captures the attention of listeners. This can be due to its unique tone, range, or expressiveness.

2. Are remarkable voices genetic?

While genetics may play a role in a person's vocal characteristics, a remarkable voice can also be developed and refined through training and practice.

3. Can anyone develop a remarkable voice?

Yes, with proper training and practice, anyone can improve their vocal abilities and develop a remarkable voice. However, some individuals may have a natural talent for singing or speaking that makes it easier for them to excel.

4. Can a remarkable voice be objectively measured?

Yes, there are various techniques and tools that can be used to measure the quality of a voice, such as vocal range, pitch accuracy, and vocal control. However, the perception of a remarkable voice may also be subjective and vary from person to person.

5. Are there any famous examples of remarkable voices?

Yes, there are many famous singers and speakers who are known for their remarkable voices, such as Freddie Mercury, Beyoncé, Morgan Freeman, and Martin Luther King Jr. However, remarkable voices can also be found in everyday individuals with unique and captivating vocal abilities.

Back