VOTE Group 1 - I'm Ready For My Closeup, Mr. DeMille

  • Thread starter Thread starter ZapperZ
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Group

VOTE Group 1 - I'm Ready For My Closeup, Mr. DeMille!

  • nazzard

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Integral

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • GeoMike

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • larkspur

    Votes: 7 21.9%
  • TuviaDaCat

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Moonbear

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Janus

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • hypnagogue

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Kurdt

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    32
  • Poll closed .
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
9 replies · 3K views
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Messages
32,819
Reaction score
4,724
Brutal! Absolutely Brutal! These are awesome pictures!

Please vote for the picture you like that closely depicts the spirit of the theme of this contest. You have one vote to cast for each group in this contest. Good luck!

1. nazzard
http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/5780/guitaroa4.jpg

2. Integral
http://home.comcast.net/~Integral50/Ricochet/Meja.JPG

3. GeoMike
http://www.mcschell.com/rose_small.jpg

4. larkspur
http://home.comcast.net/~larkspur2020/beebutt2.jpg

5. TuviaDaCat
http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/5483/p1010006md2.jpg

6. Moonbear
http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/8344/emberun2.jpg

7. Janus
http://home.earthlink.net/~parvey/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/dani.jpg

8. hypnagogue
http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/7107/gas1ik1.jpg

9. Kurdt
http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/9569/waspything3lj9.jpg

Zz.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
It's a really tough choice. I'm going to go with hypnagogue, just because the subject matter is unique. I'd have never even thought of photographing a gasoline puddle, or considered it in any way artistic until I saw that photo.
 
nazzard, your picture would be just perfect if the focus was shifted a little bit to the left I think, for the strings. The autofocus focused to the exact middle. Otherwise, terrific picture! I voted for you! Apparently so did 6 other people.
 
I had to go with geomike...that is one helluva cool picture...but unfortunately they all were so it was so so hard to decide.
 
I liked Kurdt's flower - and the insect on the left is terrific!
Also nazzard's guitar is fantastic, it reminded me the past...
however the vote goes to... KURDT!

well, other pictures are great as well! good job!
 
larkspur's over the other insect/flower one, for me.
 
natia said:
I liked Kurdt's flower - and the insect on the left is terrific!
Also nazzard's guitar is fantastic, it reminded me the past...
however the vote goes to... KURDT!

well, other pictures are great as well! good job!

Yey I have a fan. Think I lost Moonbear after I accused her of being Britishist, but all in good jest mind you.
 
What a tight group! The top three vote getters are within a spread of one point. As ZZ said, "brutal"!