VOTE Group 1 - Things that go bump in the night photo contest

Group 1 - Things that go bump in the night.

  • brewnog

    Votes: 11 30.6%
  • Evo

    Votes: 4 11.1%
  • hypnagogue

    Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Moonbear

    Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Mk

    Votes: 1 2.8%
  • J77

    Votes: 7 19.4%
  • Matthyaouw

    Votes: 7 19.4%
  • scorpa

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    36
  • Poll closed .
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
14 replies · 3K views
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Messages
32,819
Reaction score
4,724
Great pictures everyone!

brewnog
http://personalpages.manchester.ac.uk/student/E.Smith-2/PICT0040_1.JPG

Evo
george26rl.jpg


hypnagogue
http://img479.imageshack.us/img479/4058/motel8dm.jpg

Moonbear
http://img159.imageshack.us/img159/9461/pfbumpinthenight2rg.jpg

Mk
http://www.mwnx.net/users/mac/PF%20photo%20contest/Fallout.jpg

J77
http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/3795/flare0hf.jpg

matthyaouw
moon2.jpg


scorpa
[PLAIN]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y117/Scorpa/newtry.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Hey! IT's not fair. Ma-something's picture is not shown on the list, please fix that as fast as possible.
 
That was really hard, all the pics for so good. Took me quite awhile to decide between Brewnog and Moonbear, but in the end I had to go with Brewnog that is just a really cool picture.
 
matthyaouw's picture would be amazing if he used an actual camera instead of a cameraphone.
 
I liked hypnagogue's. Good composition, interesting lighting patterns, and appropriate subject for the competition title:biggrin: Oh, and it was actually enveloped by darkness, which gave it more of a nocturnal feel than some of the others.
 
Last edited:
dav2008 said:
matthyaouw's picture would be amazing if he used an actual camera instead of a cameraphone.

Oi! That was taken on a Minolta 404si :-p
(the blurryness is down to the fact that I didn't have a tripod:frown: )
 
I voted for matthyizzaow, and I'm still winning, woop!

Good work people. Matth, what's the subject? York minister?
 
Ta Brewnizzog!
Its a school in Leeds.
 
matthyaouw said:
Oi! That was taken on a Minolta 404si :-p
(the blurryness is down to the fact that I didn't have a tripod:frown: )
It's also due to the extreme jpeg compression you used.

That and the colors look washed for some reason.
 
that too... How exactly do I avoid that?
The colour might be due to the scanner...
I'm hopeless eh?
 
Depending on what program you use, there should be an option to select the jpg quality when you save the file.
 
matthyaouw said:
Ta Brewnizzog!
Its a school in Leeds.



Speaking of Leeds...



... LEEDS!
 
So I'll quit resizing them in MS Paint then...

I'm not off to Leeds this year Brewski :( Hope you have fun though!
 
brewnog said:
Speaking of Leeds...



... WATFORD!
:-p

Thanks for the votes people - I quite liked Mk's because of the stroy behind it.