VOTE - I love a man/woman in uniform

In summary, the conversation involved a group of individuals complimenting each other on their photography skills and discussing their preferences for a particular theme. Integral's photo was chosen as the favorite due to its historical significance and emotional impact.

VOTE - I love a man/woman in uniform

• Integral

Votes: 19 65.5%
  • Aether

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • 0TheSwerve0

Votes: 3 10.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
A smaller entry than usual, but no lacking in quality. Well done everyone!

Integral
http://home.comcast.net/~integral50/Watching.jpg

Aether
http://www.uploadfile.info/uploads/d48ace36ea.jpg

0TheSwerve0
IMG_0488copy.jpg

Zz.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Oh, tough decision. I like the B&W photo Integral posted, but then, Aether's has a very nice perspective (i.e., lots of nice behinds to look at). :biggrin:

For this theme, I'm going with Integral's photo.

Hmmmm, I like the pretty blue water.

While Swerve once again has the most technically perfect shot, I have to go with Int's for the historical significance and the feelings that it brings to me as a Legion member.

Bumped up for TheSwerve to find it. :biggrin:

so blind, thanks:smile:

Had to go with Integral on this one but as usual they were all great shots

Had to go with the big guns.

Another reminder that you have 2 days left to vote if you haven't done so already.

Zz.

Related to VOTE - I love a man/woman in uniform

1. What does "I love a man/woman in uniform" mean?

"I love a man/woman in uniform" is a common phrase that expresses a preference for romantic or physical attraction towards someone who wears a uniform as part of their job, such as a police officer, firefighter, or military personnel.

2. Is there a scientific explanation for why people are attracted to individuals in uniform?

There is no definitive scientific explanation for why people are attracted to individuals in uniform. Some theories suggest that it may be due to the perceived authority, bravery, and selflessness associated with those who wear a uniform, while others believe it may be a result of cultural and societal influences.

3. Are there any studies that support the idea that people are more attracted to individuals in uniform?

Yes, there have been some studies that suggest people may be more attracted to individuals in uniform. For example, a study published in the Journal of Evolutionary Psychology found that women rated men in uniforms as more attractive and desirable compared to men in civilian clothing.

4. Does the type of uniform make a difference in attraction?

While there is no definitive answer, some research suggests that certain types of uniforms may be more attractive to different individuals. For example, a study published in the journal Human Nature found that women were more attracted to men in formal police uniforms compared to casual police uniforms.

5. Is being attracted to someone in uniform a common phenomenon?

There is no exact percentage, but it is safe to say that many people find individuals in uniform attractive. This may be due to personal experiences, societal norms, or biological factors. However, it is important to note that attraction is subjective and not everyone may share the same preference for individuals in uniform.