VOTE PF PHOTO CONTEST - Around the house

In summary, the room featured in the original thread that was not submitted to the contest was very pretty and inspired others to create their own photos. Ivan's photo was taken in the van de gaffe, and features power being delivered to the photo through a mysterious process.

vote (multiple choice)

• ZapperZ

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Andre

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Johnathan Scott

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Matthyaouw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Marzena

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Borek

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Ivan Seeking

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Edward

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Billiards

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Monique

Votes: 8 47.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
matthyaouw
Gold Member
1.ZapperZ
img6410.jpg

2.Andre
24fihs9.jpg

3.Johnathan Scott
n2cxmd.jpg

4.Matthyaouw
heffalump.jpg

5.Marzena
http://www.bpp.com.pl/IMG/marzena_around_the_house.jpg

6.Borek
wazon.jpg

7.Ivan Seeking
http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/3034/light2k.jpg

8.Edward
http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/7924/copyofscan10001001.jpg

9.Billiards
http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/236/p1010610processed2pfaro.jpg

10.Monique
DSC00044.jpg

Contest Thread

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I went for Borek: very pretty, great idea
And Monique: Creepy and very different. I love it.

What happened to the really messing room posted by junglebeast? I was waiting to vote for that one. Since that one was not up I voted 3 and 9.

Lacy33 said:
What happened to the really messing room posted by junglebeast? I was waiting to vote for that one. Since that one was not up I voted 3 and 9.

It wasn't submitted to the contest, it was just posted as a fun picture.

Borek said:
It wasn't submitted to the contest, it was just posted as a fun picture.

Well fun it was! And a real feel good picture too. Though the rest of the home is fairly tidy, my desk is a real gravity zone. Something is always falling off the desk. The only thing I say over here is "well stay there!" Thanks junglebeast.

Johnathan Scott.

That room inspires.

Ivan, what is yours? You too Borek. I checked the original thread and didn't see an explanation and I'm curious. :smile:

I think Ivan lives in the Museum of Science, Boston. Isn't that the van de gaffe? I know it well, especially from by back! I passed out the first time I saw it sparking away... What a wimp, I know. That's why I went into nursing.

http://www.urbanjunkie.co.uk/shopimages/products/extras/plasma%20ball%20350.jpg

Ivan Seeking said:
http://www.urbanjunkie.co.uk/shopimages/products/extras/plasma%20ball%20350.jpg
[/URL]

Hey wait...how's that getting power if it's not plugged in?!?

lisab said:

OMG! That's scary! {clunk}

lisab said:

Magic! :biggrin:

GeorginaS said:
Ivan, what is yours? You too Borek. I checked the original thread and didn't see an explanation and I'm curious. :smile:

I have posted part of the explanation many Moons ago:

wazon2.jpg

A little bit playing with positions of everything to get the final effect. And picture was in fact taken from the other side of the door, although I was still inside :wink:

Sorry I missed your "many moons ago" explanation, Borek. The effect you achieved with your photograph is interesting. I like the original photo too, very much. The uniformity of colour with the dense composition at the bottom of the frame is visually interesting.

And thank you, Ivan, for indulging my curiosity.

GeorginaS said:
Sorry I missed your "many moons ago" explanation, Borek. The effect you achieved with your photograph is interesting. I like the original photo too, very much. The uniformity of colour with the dense composition at the bottom of the frame is visually interesting.

You are not obliged to trace everything that is posted on the forums :smile: That was in the photography thread, somewhere during winter. And thank you.

Last edited:
good photos PFers...I vote for ZapperZ, Johnathan Scott and Edward

What is the "VOTE PF PHOTO CONTEST - Around the house"?

The "VOTE PF PHOTO CONTEST - Around the house" is a photography contest organized by the scientific journal "PhotoFocus" to showcase creative and unique photographs of everyday objects and scenes found in and around the house.

Who can participate in the contest?

The contest is open to anyone who has a passion for photography and creativity. Both amateur and professional photographers are welcome to submit their entries.

What are the rules and guidelines for the contest?

The rules and guidelines for the contest can be found on the official "VOTE PF PHOTO CONTEST - Around the house" website. Some key points include: submitting original photographs, only one entry per person, and following the theme of "around the house".

How are the winners selected?

The winners will be selected by a panel of judges consisting of experts in the field of photography and creativity. They will evaluate the entries based on originality, creativity, and adherence to the theme.

What are the prizes for the winners?

The prizes for the winners include cash prizes, publication in the "PhotoFocus" journal, and recognition in the photography community. The exact prizes and their amounts will be announced on the official website of the contest.